Saturday, December 13, 2008

A New Kind Of Breakfast

Good Morning!! It is a beautiful sunshiny day!! It is wonderful to look outside and see a blue sky and sunshine after some of the gloomy days we've been having this week. I'll admit that after my late night I did sleep in this morning. I awoke to my phone ringing about a quarter til 9. I was to drowsy to answer it but it was my best friend seeing if I wanted to do something night. After the phone call I knew it was time to get up.

Last night before I went to bed I had already decided on what I wanted for breakfast this morning. Lately I've just been having oatmeal but I was ready for a change. When I saw a recipe for a Oatmeal Pancake on the Kath Eats blog I decided that's what I wanted to try... As I was scrolling down through the comments this one by Breakfast Queen!!! caught my eye.

"I absolutely love this recipe!!! I have another tasty version I’d like to share! I take a package of Kashi Go Lean instant oats(Creamy Vanilla flavor is best for this) and mix it with 2 egg whites, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp cinnamon, For about 200 calories you get one yummy, MASSIVE pancake!!! (or two normal sized!) I also recently tried it with Quaker Simple Harvest Apple Cinnamon. Makes perfect Apple Cinnamon pancakes! Delicious!!! =)"

After reading Breakfast Queen's recipe I figured that's what I would try this morning... I used the Kashi Golden Maple Brown Sugar instant oatmeal, added 1 tsp ground flax, 1/2 tsp of cinnamon, 1/2 tsp of baking power, 2 egg whites and 1/2 tsp of vanilla. I wasn't positive how long it would take me to cook the pancake but it would say 3-4 minutes per each side on medium heat does the trick. Here is my creation...

Oatmeal Pancake still in the pan on the stove

The finished product along with a tbsp of apple butter and a banana

The yummy looking inside
I thought this was a fantastic recipe and it taste pretty good...like I said, a nice change from the normal bowl of oatmeal. I can wait to try other flavors and I'm thinking this is going to be the perfect recipe for me on work mornings. I can make up a few of these on the weekend and heat them in the mornings before work or even take them along and eat them at work. We'll see how that goes...

Ok, I'm of to see how much I can get accomplished today. I can't believe it's almost 11 already!! I need to hang clothes up and straiten my room up and get some christmas presents wrapped. Plus tonight I'll be going out with Kina...

Hope everyone has a happy Saturday!!

4 comments:

biz319 said...

That pancake looks delish! Happy Saturday!

loveofoats.com said...

what a great idea to top it w/ some apple butter!

Jen said...

Yummy pancake idea!!

Jeena said...

Great pancake I love the last picture it is so tempting. :-)