Monday, August 3, 2009

Creating Good Habits

Ok, so I'm trying to get back into the swing of things. That not only means blogging on a fairly daily basis, but also means doing better at eating healthy(which I've not been doing at all) and getting back into taking my vitamins on a daily basis. I was doing so well and then suddenly I just seemed to "throw in the towel" and forget about all my healthy habits. Today wasn't the best of days but hey, it could have been worse... I'm determined to find that girl I used to be with all the healthy habits!!

I started my day off with a yogurt "mess" a light & fit yogurt with an apple, fiber one and a tablespoon of almond butter

Lunch was a veggie mixture

I also had some cherries and carrots

Lunch!! Yeah I know, kinda pitiful looking...

This afternoon my boss stopped by my desk with a treat. A sugar free Popsicle. I didn't feel to bad eating it even though I think I probably eat to many things with artificial sweeteners in them. It's really hard to escape them...

Supper was bran flakes mixed with fiber one, some walnuts, some peaches and fat free milk. I LOVE cereal and eating it every day is something I plan on doing. I just can't eat it for breakfast because it doesn't keep me full long enough in the morning.

Evening snacks...

Pepper jack cheese
Salsa and Mary's Cracker in the Pepper flavor (had a few more crackers)
Sugar free vanilla pudding with some strawberry jam (I did end up having a second pudding, opps...)
And this is me after some time jump roping and walking/jogging on the treadmill. I'm probably goofy but I love my sweaty look it makes me feel like my exercising paid off!!

Tonight I actually sat down at the piano after I ate my cereal and played for 30 mins. It's a new goal of mine to play every day or at least every other. I normally only play on Sunday mornings at church. Only playing once a week is fine. It keeps me from getting rusty. But I'd like to be a little better than I am and I know that's never going to happen if I don't practice more.

Question of the day: Is there anything that you've gotten "rusty" at because you didn't practice as much as you should have?






7 comments:

Michelle @ No Time to Weight said...

Love the pic of your well-deserved "glisten". Also love a girl who eats cereal for dinner :-)

Hmmmm, something I am rusty at? Probably my running endurance. Need to get back at it as I have a Half Marathon in October and haven't done much running since April!

Melissa said...

Michelle~ Wow a half marathon!! I can hardly run a mile. I think people that to half marathon/marathons are amazing!!!

katecooks said...

good job getting back into the swing of things! it can be easy to get sidetracked, thats for sure. its reassuring to know though that we always seem to be motivated at some point down the road to get back on the program, right? thats what i tell myself at least :)

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

I love your post-workout picture! :)

How great that you played the piano. I am really rusty at playing tennis; I should play again...

Have a great week!

Thinspired said...

You look great post-workout! I would never get a remotely post-able photo after one ;)

A half hour of piano a day is commendable. I played a child, gave it up for a few years and resumed as a teenager, but never did give it the time it needs. So, rusty isn't the word so much as incompetent!

lesley said...

Yay or getting back into the swing of things!! : )

thechiclife said...

I LOVE cereal, too! I should probably eat more of it so it helps me get my calcium (more yogurt would help, too).

Anywho, I get rusty at almost anything I don't do for awhile...the most frustrating one is ice skating b/c I can't train like I used to and it's hard to be able to pull off the moves w/o the right training. :)