Tuesday, August 4, 2009

New Favorite

Oh let's see, how did my day go? It was a loooong BORING day at work. But it did start off with a wonderful breakfast. A little fiber one, vanilla greek yogurt and peaches

Plus some almond butter(my last pack and I EXTREMELY sad about that) and some home made peach jelly

The final "yogurt mess" : ) Greek yogurt is quickly becoming my new favorite food. I love the stuff and wish it wasn't so expensive!!

I FINALLY made it to lunch(yeah, it was a long morning) and had some cantaloupe

And a frozen healthy choices dinner. This is what happens when I get tired of figuring out what to pack for lunch. Don't be surprised to see more of these in the near future.

My afternoon was just as long as my morning. I did get out for a 20 min walk. Normally after my walk I have a few minutes to spare and I like to sit at some picnic tables that are at work. The problem is people started throwing trash in a random blue barrel that was sitting around. This wasn't really a supposed to be used for trash which meant it never got emptied. It's been WEEKS and it starting to really smell BAD!!! I tried to move it but it was to heavy. I think because there was rain water in the bottom of it. So anyway, I emailed our maintenance guy and he got in touch with somebody and now the blue barrel is "supposedly" going to be thrown out. I hope so. I miss sitting outside in the afternoon for my little break away from it all!!

Cereal when I got home from work

This dreamy desserts! advertisement also came in the mail. I swear the whole world must know that I have the biggest sweet tooth ever. Do they have to tempt me??!!

Still hungry after my cereal and I knew Dad and I were going to play some tennis so I had two bites of leftover parleyed potatos from the fridge and a peanut butter banana : )

Dad and I got our 45 mins of tennis playing in. This is about the 3rd time we've gone this year and I think I'm already seeing some improvement. I'm hitting the ball a little more anyway. HAHA!! After tennis I took a short break and then headed out for a 45 min walk. My legs were very tired and I dreamed about calling home for someone to come pick me up. But I was strong and pushed through my tiredness!! : )

I decided to snack on some more Mary's Crackers, some pepper jack cheese and salsa, I had a second similar plate with just crackers and salad but no cheese.

And sugar free jello made it's apperence again. There's still two more left in the fridge and they'll be gone... Have I mentioned that I'm still very hungry?? I feel like I ate enough. I drank water but I'm hungry. I can't decide on another snack or not...

I tried to jump rope again tonight and my jump rope broke. This is my third one that I've broken. I guess I'll have to pick another one up at the store. Any suggestions?

I ended up with a snack of some cereal... Could be worse...

So this morning when I got up I could barely keep my eyes open. But I really had no choice and I forced them open and went and jumped on the exercise bike for 20 mins. As normal at some point I ended up getting behind and when it came time for my make up I skipped the foundation. I'd love to get away from wearing make up at all but I still practically have the face of a teenager(blemishes) so I've gotta wear a little. So that being said...

Question of the day: What is your morning skin/makeup routine? Do you have "problem skin" and how do you keep blemished under control??



11 comments:

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

Oh, I love Greek yogurt; I'll have to try adding some nut butter to it.

My make-up routine is as short as possible, which sometimes means no make up at all. Other days, (especially when I'm tired) I'll wear some tinted moisturizer and a little bronzer and a light lipstick. Very quick. I also used to like to wear eye make up, but I've developed an eye condition that doesn't allow me to wear eye make up.

I do get blemishes at times, especially when I'm stressed. Unfortunately, reducing stress seems to be the only thing that really helps, and that's just not always doable...

Devan Geselle. N said...

i want to try that nut butter so bad :(
siigh

my makeup routine changes daily! i LOVE to play with new looks. But i really try to keep my skin in its best condition. Washing in it the morning and night. tone. and moisturize!! moisture is KEY. I really like using Riversol, and Lancome skin care. :) Also, for puffy eyes, dab olive oil under your eyes before bed. and for red skin, use some fresh lemon juice, leave for an hour, and then rince :)

Michelle @ No Time to Weight said...

Do you live near a Trader Joe's? They have their own brand of Greek Yogurt that is very easy on the wallet. I buy Fage as a "splurge" but use TJ's for everything else.

I have really bad rosacea that flares up often and use Bare Minerals powder foundation every day (on top of liquid spf 15 or 30 moisterizer). I love the stuff and know I will be using it for the rest of my life!

itsawrapteacher said...

Right now I'm using Bare Escentuals for make-up. It takes awhile to apply but the natural effect is great. I'm researching the best way to reduce my breakouts. I need to find a good cleanser and moisturizer b/c I'm not happy with mine right now.

thresholdofgreatness said...

Greek yogurt is good! It is a little too expensive though.

I'm pretty lucky with my skin. I rarely break out, but I do get little flaky dry patches occasionally. Part of aging maybe? I use a mild cleanser in the morning, and a scrub maybe every other day. I use a cream foundation during the winter, but switch to Bare Minerals powders during the summer. That's pretty much it! I also wear neutral eyeshadow, black mascara, and lipgloss every day.

Thinspired said...

I echo Michelle's sentiments...the TJ's Greek yogurt is only $1.99 or something for a large container, and it's really creamy!

I had acne as a teen and now am left with some scaring, which I hate. I use Dermalogica skin care and that has helped.

luckytastebuds said...

GAWD I love greek yogurt too, but you're totally right about how expensive it is!! *sigh* Buy in bulk at Costco honey! That's all I can say...hehehe

I hardly get pimples...until i get my period!! :( I just make sure i wash my face with face wash at night and moisturize in the AM and PM!

Michelle said...

Hi Melissa! I just stumbled upon your blog, it's great! Thanks for posting a link in one of your comments on Oh She Glows, the chia tapioca recipe looks fabulous. :)

katecooks said...

no matter what, i always do moisturizer, concealer, blush and mascara. i never go too crazy with it but always take it up a notch when i go out at night!!!!! i just suck it up and make sure to go see a derm regularly...then at least i know i am getting good stuff for my face. neutrogena type product just doesnt do it for me, ya know??

vincent said...

Hello,


We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.

Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

Vincent
petitchef.com

Amanda Rose said...

I just discovered Greek Yogurt and love it as well. The Trader Joe's brand isnt that expensive.

As for my make-up routine, I have none. I dont even own make-up, partially because I don't even know how to use it. But also because I don't like to hide behind a mask and besides most guys I've talked to say they like girls better all natural. I just wash my face daily and if I get blemishes, I just deal.